Searching for a computerised bookkeeping or Pastel course? We have some Unisa Short Courses Pastel Accounting that you can study from home. Here is a list of computerised accounting courses you can study by means of distance learning:
- ICB Short course: Junior Bookkeeper – Computerised Accounting
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Intermediate
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Advanced
- SAGE Pastel Partner Xpress
The Best Ways to Study Computerised Bookkeeping?
It is necessary that the Accountant be able to complete the regular monthly accounting function on a computer system. Learners must show this skills in Microsoft Workplace and the Pastel Accounting Package. You can learn this and other essential bookkeeping skills by studying the Junior Bookkeeping course.
How will This Course be Structured?
In order to finish the Junior Accountant Computerised Accountant, trainees need to complete all the following Topics:
- Computerised Bookkeeping: Workplace Computing
- Fundamental PC Ideas
- Working with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
- Working with the Web and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Working with Microsoft Word
- Dealing with Microsoft Excel
- Working with Microsoft PowerPoint
Computerised Accounting: Unisa Short Course Pastel Accounting
With this subject the College will provide you with an academic licence for you to practice your activities and tasks. This licence is valid from the point you register this on your desktop computer until the end of that year, thus a calender year licence. Please keep in mind that this software MAY NOT be used for industrial functions, thus you MAY NOT trade using this instructional licence.
- Installation and Registration of Pastel Partner V11
- Pastel Language
- Developing and establishing a business in Pastel Partner V11
- Produce and Maintain General Journal Accounts
- Create and Preserve Provider Accounts
- Produce and Preserve Consumer Accounts
- Develop and Maintain Stock Items
- Take on Balances and Journals
- Supplier Processing
- Consumer Processing
- Money Book, Petty Cash and Journal Processing
- Month end Treatments
- Year End Treatments
How will I be Evaluated?
Once you have successfully completed the required assignments recommended by Skills Academy, you will have to effectively pass examinations with the ICB. In order to compose exams with the ICB you will have to:
- Apply to the ICB and register with them to write their examinations
- Submit a Portfolio of Proof to the ICB on the day of your exams
You will likewise be provided by the ICB with a Statement of Skills revealing the particular System Standards that you have actually completed. FASSET will award you with an Unit Requirement Certificate for any Unit Standards that you have actually finished.
As Skills Academy values education and cares about our students, your conclusion award will be sent out to you via courier so that you get it as soon as possible and without any hold-ups.
When can I Begin?
You can start right now. If you study by means of distance learning you can sign up today.
Distance Learning Bookkeeping Courses
Intrigued in accredited bookkeeping qualifications with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers? Have a look at this list:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping
- FET Certificate: Bookkeeping
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
In the past you might study ICB courses at Unisa. This has actually fallen away, and Unisa not provides the ICB Courses. Nevertheless, there are lots of home study colleges providing the ICB Courses. So you can still study any of the ICB Courses at an accredited home study provider.
You can likewise consider studying accounting or accounting courses at Unisa, where these courses are Unisa qualifications, and not ICB qualifications.
There are a variety of things you ought to consider if you want to study one of the ICB courses by means of distance learning. Or if you want to study a bookkeeping or accounting course with Unisa. Here is a list of the crucial concerns from prospective accounting and accounting trainees.
- Comparing Unisa studies with ICB studies
- The difference between accounting courses and accounting courses
- Accounting and Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Financial Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Bookkeeping Courses
- Unisa Course Charges
- Alternative Choices
- Study a Diploma Course
- Unisa Accounting Diploma
- ICB Diploma Courses
- Study a Higher Certificate
- Unisa Bookkeeping Higher Certificate
- ICB Accounting Higher Certificates
- Brief Courses
- Unisa Short Course in Pastel Accounting
- ICB Short Courses
- Post-Matric Qualifications at the ICB
- Distance Learning
- Financial Accounting Program
- Workplace Administration Program
- Organisation Management Program
- Entrepreneurship Programme
- Public Sector Accounting Programme
- Study Products and Textbooks
- Register for an ICB course
- Additional assistance for Distance Learning Students
- Work Opportunities
- Course Charges
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers acts as an examination body and is not in control of course material. Instead, you can choose a college to study through, such as Matric College. ICB offers three streams of studies, mainly: Business Management, Financial Accounting and Office Administration. These are all scarce skill qualifications. If you’re wanting to further your education in the financial or business management sector, look no further! Matric College offers a range of ICB courses that will take you one step further to your goal career!
ICB Qualifications Scholastic Levels
ICB qualifications start at NQF level 3, and increases to NQF level 6. So you can get in one of the ICB programs even if you do not have a matric certificate. And if you accomplish the greatest level ICB credentials, then you have a Diploma at NQF level 6. So you are simply one level listed below a degree.
The ICB Diploma level qualifications you can aim for are:
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (NQF 6)
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5)
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5)
- Diploma: Workplace Administration (NQF 6)
If you are aiming for an Unisa degree like the Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting (NQF level 7 credentials), then you will need to comply with their entrance requirements of a National Elder Certificate (Matric Certificate) with a Bachelor\’s pass; with a minimum of 50% in the language of teaching and a minimum of 60% in Mathematics.
The Entry Requirements for ICB Courses.
You can enter any among the ICB programmes at the NQF 3 level. That suggests you can begin their courses with a Grade 9 or Standard 7 school pass.
The ICB also identify other training you have done, your work experience and your age, as factors to consider when you obtain entry.
You have to have the ability to understand the study material, which remains in English. The ICB courses start at an extremely basic level, so as to make them accessible to students from many different instructional backgrounds.
Typically trainees who left school, can do the ICB courses when they have acquired some work experience. The majority of the ICB home study trainees are working grownups, who have actually missed out on the chance to complete school, and go on to campus based education.
Choice Criteria for ICB Trainees.
The ICB has a variety of distance learning course companies. For these students there are five examination sessions in 2017. A number of these trainees are home study and part time study trainees. Typically students who fulfill the scholastic entryway criteria, will get a location with one of the distance education suppliers.
Trainees who do not fulfill the scholastic requirements, can still use. The ICB can approve you entrance based on your age; work experience and other training courses you have done.
The ICB academic entry requirements are grade 9 (requirement 7). The ICB programs all start at NQF level 3; indicating that even if you never completed Matric, you will still be able to manage the work.
ICB Application and Registration Procedure.
To begin studying among the ICB courses you have to take the following steps:
- Apply to one of the course suppliers
- Complete your registration with the course company and pay your registration fee and more study fees
- Register with the ICB for your examination – you can select from five test sessions in 2017
- You can choose to compose one examination at a time, or register for three or four tests
- Pay your test costs
- Receive your portfolio of proof from the ICB when you have actually registered for the test
- Total your portfolio of evidence prior to the examination, and take it to the test session with you
- Hand in your test and your portfolio of proof at the end of your test
You can get the ICB Application and exam documents here: ICB Application Forms.
ICB Trainee Number Limitations.
The ICB does not position a limit on trainee numbers. If you want to study on a school, at a class supplier, then there will be a limit to the variety of seats in the classes.
When you select distance learning, you will find a course company that has space for you. Do not wait till the last minute. Make certain you apply early, to offer yourself the best chance.
When you sign up with the ICB, you have to bear in mind the following various costs:
- Course company costs – costs you pay the college where you study
- ICB student membership annual costs
- Exam costs
Here is a connect to a comprehensive post on all the costs you need to understand. ICB Registration Costs 2017.
The ICB provides 5 test sessions for home study students in 2017.
You will discover the total list of ICB test dates and topics here. ICB Assessment Dates 2017.
Trainee Success With the ICB.
The ICB recognizes and guarantees the quality of training provided by their training companies. They set the exams, and they set the syllabus. They approve the study products. And in this method the ICB makes sure that students get the very best opportunity possible.
The ICB also inspects its certified suppliers. And they even do surprise evaluations. With this energetic work done to guarantee quality education, and to ensure students get very good support, study products, and qualified speakers – pass rates are high.
In the world of work, you will discover that companies enjoy to spend for their personnel to study with the ICB. Because they know that their personnel will learn real skills they can utilize in the workplace, and they understand that the students have a very good possibility of passing.
Trainees who have a hard time, can rewrite any exam, so you get more than when chance to pass and complete your course.
Acknowledgment for Your Studies.
On the ICB programme, you get recognition for every level of the programme you pass. So as you pass a level, you will get a certificate to identify your success. This means that if you never finish the entire program, you still have a certificate for each level to place on your wall. Your college might likewise give you a subject conclusion for each subject you complete.
The strategy is that you do not leave empty-handed once you have passed a subject or a level in the programme.
The Difference in Between Accounting Courses and Accounting Courses.
At the ICB bookkeeping courses refer the lower levels of the program. As you continue to the higher levels, the certification names change to \”Accounting\”.
So \”accounting\” is merely the introductory levels, and \”accounting\” is the higher levels.
When you work as an accountant, you are mostly hectic with the precise recording of a business\’s transactions and finances. As you get promoted, you might start working on the analysis and reporting on those numbers. Then you are an accounting professional.
Study Products and Textbooks.
When you study from home with Skills Academy, all your books and study notes are included in your course charges. The distance learning study materials are approved and recommended by the ICB, so you know that you are getting the best study materials to pass your ICB exams.
The ICB has many examination centres across South Africa. If you are not close enough to a test centre, then you can ask for private invigilation. However, this is usually a pricey alternative.
Here is an in-depth description of the exam dates and processes: Skills Academy ICB Test Registration Process and Dates.
Here is a list of the ICB exam centres: https://www.icb.org.za/exams/exam-centres.html
Related ICB Courses
Last Updated: 11 January 2022