Distance Learning And The Adult Matric Course
You will complete the entire course studying as well as assignments online. You only need to write the final examination at an allocated venue as organised by the DHET.
You could also opt to do a Matric Rewrite course, this is another online matric course that Bellview offers.
Accreditation For Adult Matric At Bellview
These accreditation details apply to the Adult Matric course at Bellview:
- SAQA ID: 49647
- Title of the course: Amended Senior Certificate
- Programme: National Qualification
- Award achieved: Senior Certificate
- NQF level 04
- The award is accredited and issued by: Umalusi
There is no need for educational bodies to undergo an accreditation process for the Adult Matric course. Bellview Institute of Distance Learning also does not need to undergo an accreditation process to offer this course.
The award you receive after successfully finishing your Adult Matric course is issued by Umalusi as an accredited qualification.
The Adult Matric Programme Application Requirements
You will be able to apply for an Adult Matric course if:
- You have a grade 9 (or a grade 9 equivalent) certificate
- Your matric status is incomplete (i.e. you did not do matric, did not finish your matric year, or did not pass the course)
- You are at least 21 years old when you write your final matric exams
How Long Does The Programme Take?
One of the benefits of Adult Matric is that you can choose how long you wish to study the programme. You can choose to finish the course in:
- 12 months
- 24 months
- 36 months
You can start the Adult Matric programme once you are 19, but you cannot write the final matric exam if you are not 21 by the time they take place.
The Amended Senior Certificate
When you have completed the Adult Matric course, you will receive an Amended Senior Certificate. The Amended Senior Certificate award is on the level of a National Senior Certificate which is achieved during the standard matric programme.
Adult Matric Compared To Standard Matric
Despite both awards being on the same level, there are some key differences between the two programmes:
- There are different time frames in which you can choose to complete the Adult Matric course
- The pass requirements are different
- There are no physical classes involved during Distance Learning, so you will not get a class mark
- The Adult Matric programme has less subjects that you must complete
- The application requirements are different
Do I Need A Matric Certificate?
Having a matric certificate will give you many benefits regarding further studies or careers:
- A higher acceptance rate for various internship programmes
- Taking your studies further by doing a Distance Learning course
- You will have more career paths to choose from as well as more career opportunities
- A higher employment rate
- If you finish your Adult Matric programme with a Bachelor’s Degree Pass, you will meet one of the entry requirements for university applications
You can always look into what to do after matric if you need more information.
Will Universities Accept My Amended Senior Certificate?
Yes, universities do accept Amended Senior Certificates for their applications. This is only valid if you pass on a Bachelor’s Degree level.
Universities also have other entry requirements that are specific to each university course. Make sure to have a look at these entry requirements so that you can choose the right subjects and get high marks.
Applying For Bellview’s Adult Matric
If you want to study Adult Matric through Bellview, you can:
Author: Karla Nortier
Editor: Megan Dreyer
Date Published: December 7, 2021